BURNHAM-on-CROUCH and DISTRICT MUSEUM covers the history and development of the town and its people and the Dengie Hundred with displays from the Stone Age to the near present.
We are located in a former boat-builders premises built around 1910 at the end of Coronation Road with our main entrance on the Quay. Over two floors we have an interesting collection of exhibits, displays and archive materiel relating to Fishing, the Oyster Fishery, Farming and Agriculture, Boat Building and the local Iron Foundry as well as more homely items, relating to the way our forebears lived. The collection ranges from stone age specimens to the near present day. In our lower gallery's main hall, we hold regular special Exhibitions and History Society talks.